Monday, July 4, 2011

July 3rd picnic

We'll skip ahead in time just a bit so you can see the 'Freedom Wall' we made at church. I'll go back and fill in the gaps later, but this was kinda neat. We were supposed to paint a brick for people in our family who are either in the service now or who were in the past. The people in charge wanted to see if we could get back to the Revolutionary War with our relatives. Only 2 of us from church did. (I don't know if there were others, but only 2 of us bothered to paint a brick.) Here are a couple of pictures.

Notice that 2 of our bricks are on the top!

For the Brewster family! (I made this one)For Grandpa (Rachel made this one)Uncle Bob (Sarah made this one)For Grandpa!! Andrew made this brick. He said right away that he wanted to paint a brick for Grandpa :)

I think the bricks turned out really well. I wasn't sure what a Freedom Wall was, but that was pretty neat, too. I'm assuming that we will be able to take the bricks home with us in a couple of days--I don't know what they would do with them at church. Maybe we can put them in the garden as stepping stones.

Rachel (the one with hair in her face already!!) and Haven kinda matched! I think the dress on Haven was from Grandma W. for Rachel a couple of years ago. The dress on Rachel was Grandma H.'s that I cut down for her. (Haven wore her 4th of July dress from Grandma H. the day before.)Haven playing in the nursery at church

Ethan being a goofball at the end of the day ;)

She finally decided to fall asleep for a few minutes!!


I'll try to get some other pictures on here from June in the next week or so. It takes some time to do it and I'm still trying to wrap up school and get other things done. But, I haven't forgotten about the blog. I really do want to keep this updated for you. The kids grow so quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment